Having grown up in a large family, I see a lot of difference between the older and younger generation in terms of health. Comparatively they are much stronger and healthy, whereas those of us in the younger generation face all kinds of health issues at this age. My grandparents don’t know what fast food is and never ate out that often, everything was always freshly home cooked.
These days, we have taken our health for granted. Fast food has changed our lives. I agree that it’s fast, easy to prepare, easy to eat and cheap but not many are aware of the repercussions Today, it seems like fast food is always around and it’s hard to imagine a world without it, but it’s not necessary that we depend on fast food all the time.
I believe Instead of spending money, spend a little time on cooking healthy homemade food.
5 simple ways of living healthy
- Inclusion of whole grains: All of these are fiber rich foods which will keep us full through the day.
- Balanced meals: Balance in every meal is important! There needs to be a portion of carbohydrates, protein, fats, minerals and vitamins.
- Say no to processed foods!: Processed foods (like refined foods, fried food, junk food and biscuits) are not good. Cutting it out of your diet completely may be difficult, but reduce your intake gradually.
- Don’t hate on fruits & veggies: I have come across many people who dislike fruits and vegetables – they don’t even make an effort to try it! Including a lot of these in the diet would be incredibly beneficial.
- Enjoy ONE green smoothie a day: This will satisfy sugar cravings, and provide your body with plenty of vitamins and minerals to keep you energized.
Eating healthy might not always sound exciting, but it starting small is the best way to do it. Get your body and mind used to the idea and slowly introduce new foods into your diet every step of the way!